Part Of The Furniture-The Stylus Method review

 


Today I’m reviewing ‘Part Of The Furniture’ by The Stylus Method!


For those who don’t know The Stylus method is an indie band from Leeds, England who is responsible for what I think is some of the best 60’s inspired music I’ve ever heard!


I’ve listened to their previous album ‘Telephone Voices’ and I couldn’t get enough and was really eager to see what they were going to release next and I was pleasantly surprised to hear they came out with a new single ‘Part Of The Furniture’ and I figured I would review it!


‘Part Of The Furniture’ is an endearing and catchy track about romance so deep that you consider the one you love as part of the furniture. With this song and the rest of The Stylus Method’s discography they manage to create a 60’s era retro vibe similar to the Beatles but very unique in its own way.


This track was full of lovely harmonies and the classic retro vibes and I would almost describe the song as calming in a strange way.This song also has one my new all favorite catchy lyric lines of all time: Like a table or a chair with long hair”


There was a lot I was thinking while listening to this song and I have to acknowledge that ‘Part Of The Furniture’ is unique in the aspect that the song is considering someone to be part of the furniture.The wacky theme is definitely a bit outlandish but I think it’s great and part of the reason I love it so much.If this is the new direction The Stylus Method’s is heading towards then I am all for it!


Overall I give ‘Part Of The Furniture’ 8.9/10 slices! If you like this song and would like to know more about The Stylus method you can check out an interview I did with them about their previous album ‘Telephone Voices’ here.


The Stylus Method’s Socials

Spotify-https://open.spotify.com/artist/0vxZHJOedTEcwXFG4G3wa0?si=-6k9-8UbQQeN3-2ho0LMMw


YouTube-https://youtube.com/channel/UCu2AS9h43f4MTnmewgcOAeA


Instagram-https://instagram.com/thestylusmethod?utm_medium=copy_link


Twitter-https://twitter.com/thestylusmethod?s=21

Comments

Popular Posts