Without-Windmills and Giants Review

 


Today I’m reviewing Windmills And Giants new single ‘Without’!


Windmills and Giants have returned after the release of their last album ‘Are We There Yet?’ with their new single ‘Without’.


For those who have never listened to the modern Americana duo I suggest checking out the previous review I have done of a past album of theirs ‘Are We There Yet’ which you can read here.


Before I start talking about ‘Without’ I have to say that I was especially a fan of their live and acoustic versions of ‘Figure It Out’.After hearing that I was hoping they would take more of a rough acoustic route with a song and they must have read my mind because that’s the exact approach of their new single!


‘Without’ has much less of a classic modern edge and more of a softer reprise that embraces the acoustic-ness of the Americana genre.Think if the lyrics of Phil Collins met some incredibly magical force of acoustic guitar.


Windmills and Giants stated in an Instagram post that this song was about the feeling of withdrawal when you remove something important from your life.Something that I really love and thought was a brilliant idea was the parallels between the name of the song and the acoustic-ness.The acoustic stripped down sound really drives home the theme of feeling the lack of something that had once been present in your life.


Overall I give ‘Without’ 8/10 slices! This song is a catchy and fun listening experience with a truly interesting concept of loss and withdrawal.I hope this song is one of many more to come of acoustic performances from Windmills and Giants and I can’t wait to see what they do next!


Windmills And Giants’s Socials

Spotify-https://open.spotify.com/artist/551s0uSXF5MBB5wQLLV3nL?si=BO4Ad8rMRy2_WorPPRrT3w&dl_branch=1

SoundCloud-https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/a2nijK1yu2iYypqk9

YouTube-https://youtube.com/channel/UCU1jiGNO-RaufXpr3WZH6jA

Instagram-https://instagram.com/windmills_and_giants?utm_medium=copy_link

Comments

Popular Posts