Left Behind-GOWNS REVIEW

 

Today I’m reviewing ‘Left Behind’ from the Minneapolis  rock band GOWNS debut album ‘Revelations’!


The first thing that I really noticed about this song was the vocals. I think that vocals can really make or break a song but I thought that they fit perfectly here! The second thing that I noticed that I must say I kind of wasn’t expecting was the retro sounding synth. The synth gave the song kind of a catchy tone which I liked a lot. Besides those two things what I really loved was the intensity of the chorus, it was my favorite part of the song and honestly it was almost addicting because of how good it was.


And how could I forget the sick sax solo towards the end? I haven’t heard a saxophone solo in forever and I thought that gave the song an unforgettable rad ending! After listening to ‘Left Behind’ I think that the cover art fits really well to the vibes of the songs, the rest of the track titles for this album sound interesting and I have a feeling they are going to be just as incredible as this one and I can’t wait to listen to them!


If you like this song as much as I did and you are impatient they already have a few of the songs from ‘Revelations’ already released on BandCamp! (They also have artist playlists for each member of their band on Spotify! I’ve looked through them and I can confirm they are all bops😌)


Overall I give ‘Left Behind’ 8/10 slices! If you like the song ‘Blinding Lights’ by The Weeknd or just like songs with cool synths and retro vibes I highly suggest giving this song a listen and checking out the full album which comes out on July 23rd!


GOWNS Socials


Spotify-https://open.spotify.com/artist/5fC90doSewXmqatgc99ZhY?si=B2b_pjpbRdKRU51KA31QEg&dl_branch=1


BandCamp-https://gowns.bandcamp.com/album/revelations


Instagram-https://instagram.com/gownsband?utm_medium=copy_link

Comments

Popular Posts