It’s Been A Year-Samuel Herb Review

 

Today I’m reviewing the single ‘It’s Been A Year’ by the Nashville singer and songwriter Samuel Herb!

After moving to Nashville and falling in love with the Americana genre Herb released his debut single ‘Dirty’.After being released it garnered almost 40,000 streams on all platforms and has been streamed in 50 countries!


Since the release of ‘Dirty’ Samuel Herb has been releasing amazing music and touring the Nashville area but most recently he has released his newest single ‘It’s Been A Year’.


This song is a reprise to the exasperating and more than eventful year that was 2020 and with everything that has happened I feel that this song was needed to say what we were all feeling. 


Herb explains “it’s a collection of my inner thoughts and how I feel about them. A lot can happen in a year, and this is what happened in mine. I’ve been playing this new song on the road, and I am absolutely blown away at the amount of folks that felt the same way.


The rustic and almost weathered sound of the vocals and the acoustic guitar almost bring you back to the time and mindset of living through the worst parts of the pandemic.When I was listening to this song I wasn’t expecting it to hit me emotionally as hard as it did but when the chorus came up and I heard the lyric ‘God damn it’s…been a year’ the depth of the song really kicked in.

If there was an anthem of 2020 ‘It’s Been A Year’ would definitely be it.


I think part of the reason why I like this song is because it’s something everyone can relate to because everyone in the past year has in some way shape or  form had their year significantly impacted negatively. I also love this song because ‘It’s Been A Year’ doesn’t sugar coat the feeling and thoughts of living through a tough year either.


Overall I give ‘It’s Been A Year’ 7/10 slices! If you are a fan of the Americana or country genre or if you hated 2020 and are glad it’s over you should definitely give this song a listen!


For every 1,000 streams Herb is planting a tree, right now as of the writing of this review the tree count is 623 which is incredible already but I think it would be even more amazing if it got to 700! This is all the more reason to listen to this great song and you can see updates on the tree count in Samuel Herb’s Instagram bio!


Samuel Herb’s Socials

Spotify-https://open.spotify.com/album/5ppMnGsyLSjiZTYRxDcY7b?si=0GT2XPizTc2tGlDrzZd4dQ&dl_branch=1


Apple Music-https://music.apple.com/us/artist/samuel-herb/1122188016


Amazon Music-https://www.amazon.com/Samuel-Herb/dp/B07NPQHR4Q/ref=nodl_


Samuel Herb’s Website-http://samuelherbmusic.com/


Instagram-https://instagram.com/samuelherbmusic?utm_medium=copy_link

Comments

Popular Posts